Dispute Resolution Policy
- Any staff receiving and/or is tasked to handle the feedback or complaints shall investigate and act to resolve the areas of concern.
- Generally, the staff shall acknowledge within 24 hrs from the time the feedback or complaint is received and inform the complainant that the matter is being attended to. Depending on the complexity of the case, all cases will must be resolved within 21 working days.
- If the matter is not resolved within 21 working days, the complainant is free to refer take it up can seek CPE’s Student Support Services Centre (SSC) for help.
- Students may activate the CPE Mediation – Arbitration Scheme dispute resolution process by submitting filling up an application form with at the SSC stating the nature of the dispute. The application form will be sent to the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) who will contact the student within 7 working days for an appropriate date for mediation.
- If there is no settlement of the matter, students may proceed to submit a request to the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) to go into an arbitration stage. The SIArb will contact the student and the PEI Academy within 14 working days.
- After paper-based review of the dispute, the Arbitrator may call for a hearing if deemed necessary. At the end of the arbitration, the Arbitrator shall publish the Arbitral Award, which is final and binding to resolute the dispute.
- The entire process may take between 60 to 90 days to be resolved from the commencement date of the arbitration